Friday, April 20, 2012

Show Preparations

It's less than a week until my show opening and I am still busy making preparations. Yesterday I baked 160 mini cupcakes.  The first batch - gluten free red velvet ( I have lots of friends on gluten free diets).


It took a LOT of red colouring to get it to this shade.

Yummy swirls of colour.

Dough in the patty pans ready to go into the oven.

Sadly, after baking, they were not as red as when they went in.  It seems no matter how much colouring you put in they tend to revert back to a chocolate brown (on the outside at least).  

The second batch I made were banana (with passionfruit frosting).  All are now safely nesting in the freezer.  I'm going to make another 200 today - lime with coconut frosting and flourless chocolate with a rich chocolate ganache.  Then all I have to do is make the frostings a day before the opening.  I have a hair appointment and have left myself a couple of hours to frost them all before the show.

As the day approaches I am finding myself feeling less and less stressed.  Hopefully on the night I'll just be able to let go and enjoy myself.

Pin It

No comments: