Thursday, July 26, 2012

Apologies and Good News


First a sincere apology for neglecting my blog.  I have been away in Melbourne for a couple of weeks visiting friends and celebrating my mother's 80th birthday.  It was good to get a complete change of scenery, although I sorely missed these frosty winter mountains and my furry, 4-legged family.  I did some fabulous shopping for all manner of things, including some fabulous textile related stuff and some decorator pieces for my home (no we didn't fly, we took the ferry and the car so the size and weight of bought items was not an issue!).  I'll blog soon about some of the places I visited and my fab purchases.

The good news?  The insurance company (finally!) approved the purchase of my new wood heater for my studio.  There was a lot of toing and froing because they thought the unit I picked was a bit too fancy looking (and expensive) compared to the one that was stolen.  In the end, they had to agree that the expensive new model was the only thing on the market that would be comparable in function and construction to my sadly departed hand made cast iron heater.   It was also one of the few units that was attractive to look at.  You have no idea how many ugly heaters there are out there.  I will not have "ugly" in my studio (or anywhere else, for that matter)!  Hopefully, in about 1 week's time, I should be back in the studio enjoying the warmth and getting on with my new works.

I was going to show you some photos of the cakes I made for my mother's birthday celebration, but blogger will not download any photos for me at the moment (grrrrr!).  Despite having emailed google about my problem about 3 days ago, I have had no reply and my problem has not been fixed).  So, sorry there are no photos and I won't be able to do any more posts until this mess is sorted out. Pin It

2 comments:

Heather M. said...

I'm so glad you will be getting your heater fixed.....just in time for spring! I've heard horror stories about insurance companies but good for you for sticking to your guns.

Marta Brysha said...

Thanks Heather. Now, if only google would respond to my troubles!