Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Fun with Inktense

I am having a bit of a hiatus in making embroidered works after the exhausting job of finishing 28 pieces for my exhibition.  So I've been having a bit of fun with my sketchbook (a very thoughtful gift from a friend) and my Derwent Inktense pencils.

I've always had a thing for bugs.  Found a photo of this colourful fellow in a book mysteriously titled, Bugs.  He is so resplendent I felt a bright tartan background was appropriate.

Today in a more sombre and reflective mood I decided I needed to draw something with a simple form in which I could explore colour and texture, hence this tulip that has been partially denuded of its petals.

I love the depth and intensity you can achieve with inktense pencils by layering and washing and layering over and over.

Pin It

No comments: