Saturday, June 23, 2012

Happy Birthday To Me

It's a bit over a year since I began this blog.  When I started the blog I was on the road in the US and did the original set up and formatting in a hurry.  As you know, I have just recently changed the look of the blog (although I'm not happy with the grey background and will probably change it again shortly) so that it shows my work off a bit better and looks a little more like my website.


When I started this blog I had a couple of goals.  One was to share my work and the things that inspire me with a wider audience.  To date I have had nearly 7000 visitors.  This is not a lot in terms of internet traffic, but in terms of an art blog with such a specific focus I'm happy with it and am grateful for every reader who tunes in, particularly those of you who return on a regular basis.  From the beginning I knew that it would take perseverance, time and, most importantly, consistency to build a following.  My aim from the beginning was to write an average of 2 blog posts per week.  I am happy to say that I have achieved that goal and plan to continue doing so into the future.



Another of my goals was to try to build a sense of community amongst embroiderers and artists.  In this sense I think I have been far from successful.  While there are a few regulars who leave comments, by and large the majority of visitors to my blog don't stay to leave a comment and participate in a conversation.  I am by no means putting the onus on my readers.  I think my posts often present as "complete" leaving little for my readers to contribute.  I hope to develop a style that does more to invite participation in an ongoing dialogue.



What would you like to see or hear more of on my blog?  Are you happy with the frequency of blog posts?  Would you like more posts on my art process and the development of concepts?  Any and all ideas are welcome.



So, thanks for being with me in my first year.  I hope you'll be with me in the years to come! Pin It

4 comments:

Heather M. said...

Well, let me be the first to leave a comment on this post! I love to see pictures of your work and enjoy the process and development. As an embroiderer as well, I like to hear how others do what they do.

Happy Birthday!

Erica said...

Happy blogday Marta.
I just love your work but am too awestruck by its beauty and technical skills to comment often. Also, there have been times when I have tried to comment but it just doesn't work! Hope this one does. And from this follower, I so look forward to being amazed by your work in the coming year.

Marta Brysha said...

Thanks for your lovely comments.

Erica - I have fixed the technical glitch that made it impossible for some people to post comments. So please feel free to do so anytime, and thanks for persevering and commenting today.

Thanks to to you Heather. I treasure all comments and am really glad to hear that you are enjoying my online efforts.

magicmoonmusings said...

Yay, happy blog anniversary! I'm enjoying your blog very much. I especially appreciate when blogs feature work-in-progress posts - it's amazing how some small little detail can really help someone else overcome a design or technical problem! Keep writing and sharing what you love and inspires you, that in turn inspires others :)