Friday, February 3, 2012

Patterns, Patterns Everywhere

I like to have a scented candle burning in my studio while I work to compliment the fragrant teas I like to drink.  It's a little treat while I do my favourite thing in the world - creating my art embroideries.  The other day as I was leaving the studio I went to blow out the candle and discovered these lovely patterns forming where the wax was thinning.


I bought this candle at the Salamanca Market in Hobart.  It's fragrance is "Paw Paw Fizz".  It's a little disappointing as the fragrance is not all that strong.  It's sitting in the gorgeous tin which previously housed a much more luscious candle (also much more expensive).  (You can see my dyes standing sentinel on my countertop behind the candle).


Here's a closer view of the patterns.  I love the way the light diffuses through the thinning wax. 


Love the craggy pattern on this side.


In close up it looks like a mini furnace.
Pin It

No comments: