Thursday, July 28, 2011

Natural Inspiration

If you're running short on inspiration just take a look outside.  Last weekend it was so cold here that our waterfall froze.  The plants at the base of the waterfall became encased in a thick layer of ice.  My husband dragged me out of a warm bed to come and take a look. I warned him sternly that it had better be worth it!  It was indeed!  It was truly amazing, as I am sure you will agree from looking at the photographs.

These large icicles were about 70 cm long with a diameter of about 3 to 4 cm.  I love the ridging on them.

Thin blades of native grass encased in heavy ice.


Love the vertical frozen drips in this photo

Ferns weighed heavily by the ice.






Close up of dead fern fronds encased in ice



An extra heavy burden for this fern frond.

Large bubbles of ice forming on top of moss.

Pin It

No comments: